The team of experts at the Sky Law Firm possess the experience to deal with all sorts of car accidents. Our lawyers have the legal knowledge and expertise to represent the client’s case in a way to gain a satisfactory outcome.
Common Reasons for Car Accidents
- The breaking of a traffic law by the driver
- Driving while drunk or after taking drugs
- Using a cell phone while driving
- Breaking the Red traffic lights
- Not wearing a seat belt
If you or someone related to you has become a victim of a car accident and faced an injury, you can always claim for your damage from the driver whose mistake caused you the trouble. Our team of experts has a vast portfolio of representing road accident victims.
Following are the instructions you need to follow when you face a car accident:
- Make sure that you and the passenger (if any) are physically alright. Move away from the roadway possible, but do stay in the place of the accident. Make sure that the oncoming is your hazard lights warn traffic.
- Exchange the contact details of the other driver with you, essential information such as name, address, phone numbers and license numbers of the driver and witnesses must be taken. Also, ask insurance companies and policy numbers for drivers relevant to the car accident. Moreover also ensure that details of the vehicles such as make, model, color and other such particulars are recorded.
- If the damages increase $500 or if there are any injuries involved in the car accident then call the police. Accidents require police reports, which will be made by police itself when they arrive on the scene of accident.
- Before moving the vehicles remember to take pictorial evidence which can be presented as proof in the court at the time of lawsuit proceedings.
- To avoid the counter argument of the other driver that the injuries may have occurred later and not at the time of the accident, it is recommended that you consult the doctor at the earliest to mark the time stamp. To get a copy of the police report.
If you follow these instructions correctly, all this information will help your lawyer in filing your case and demanding for the penalty amount. The better the evidence, the more are the chances that you get the right amount of compensation for your damages.